The Statistics You Can’t Afford To Miss
A New Era of Digital
As 2021 approaches, if 2020 has taught us anything it has taught us the evolution of digital marketing, and media. Social media and digital marketing have changed everything about how we live our day to day lives. From the way you watch your news, to how we connect and communicate with those we love. Social media and digital marketing have changed the way we live, it is everywhere, always open, and now unavoidable. As social and digital media begin to continue on their evolution, it’s important to note that, social and digital media aren’t going anywhere.
Fun Fact: Did you know that the first recognized social media site was created in 1997, and was called Six Degrees. And in 1999 the first blogging site gained popularity.
Time to jump on the social bandwagon
If you didn’t have an online presence before this year, by now you should see the importance of having an online presence. When our doors are closed for business to the public, we can still operate from the comfort of our homes, while our customers shop from the comfort of theirs. Now for the most asked question, is it worth you investing in social media for the benefit of your business? In short, yes. Each platform has a different personality, with different audience pools, and algorithms. So it’s important to keep that in mind when you are communicating with your customers.
- 93% of millennials have compared online deals using a mobile phone.
- 40% of all online purchases are done on a smartphone.
- 65% of consumers who look up price comparisons on mobile while in a physical store will purchase online.
- 82% of users in the US have used their mobile phones or mobile device to shop online.
- 3.5 billion daily active users on social media (45% of the world’s population).
- 68% of users are on the market leaders platform, Facebook.
- 90.4% of users on social media are Millennials, 77.5% are Gen X, 48.2% are baby boomers.
- The average person spends 3 hours per day on social media and other networking apps.
- 73% of businesses believe that social media marketing has been “somewhat effective”, “very effective” for their business.
- 54% of social browsers use social media platforms to research products and services.
- 71% of consumers who have had a positive experience with your brand on social media are likely to recommend a business or services to their friends or family members. (Reviews matter btw)
- 500 Million daily active users on Instagram Stories
- 229 Million daily active users on Snapchat
- 800 Million daily active users on TikTok
Amazon has become one of the leading companies in the e-commerce market, providing quick access to products and services that sometimes are not available in store. And let’s be honest, who wouldn’t prefer to shop while laying in their jammies? Not only has e-commerce become a rising trend even more so over this past year, but it also allows consumers to get more product information as well, vs in-store purchases. But what are some other reasons we have seen an increase in e-commerce shopping?
Due to the increased use of smartphones, mobile shopping has become more popular than ever. Along with social media platforms, transformative technology, and online marketplaces e-commerce is hotter than ever.
- Amazon leads on mobile/online shopping apps with 80.64%.
- Ecommerce will take a market share of 72.9% by the year 2021. This number is up from only 14.1% of global retail sales in 2019.
- By the year 2023, the eCommerce revenue will be valued at $740 billion!
- Over 75% of people are shopping online every month.
- Online entertainment is on the rise. Books, movies, and games are the product categories with the most online purchase references.
- Paypal is the most used digital wallet platform in America, holding at 89%.
- 42% Of holiday shoppers research online and purchase while only 23% purchase in-store.
- By the year 2040, it’s estimated that 95% of all purchases will be through eCommerce.
- Around 50% of customers purchased from a website chatbot. (Conversational Marketing)
- 85% Of online orders that come from social media sites, come from Facebook alone.
Digital Marketing to 2021, and beyond.
2020 has taught us a lot about how to survive in a forever evolving world. No matter what your level of experience is with marketing, getting first-hand customer insights is a necessity to support your business. If you are looking to get insights into digital marketing, and why you need it, you’ve come to the right place.
- 61% of online consumers in the US have made purchases based on blog recommendations. (Content Marketing)
- 93.5% Of global internet users have purchased products online.
- 69% Of B2B Businesses say that they expect to stop printing catalogs within the next 5 years. Maybe even sooner now.
- 58% of the top 1,000 US eCommerce retailers send welcome emails.
- 60% of consumers say they have made purchases online as the result of an email marketing message they have received.
- Ad spends on Facebook and Instagram when combined are expected to reach nearly $95 billion annually in 2021.
- Creating campaigns with CTA buttons (Click-To-Call) can create a 45% increase in clicks alone.
- 53% of marketers say that blogging is their top content marketing priority.
- 72% of marketers worldwide have said that content creation was the most effective SEO tactic used compared to other marketing tactics.
- Google receives over 77,000 searches per second.
- 57% of businesses have acquired customers through blogging.
Nobody could have seen this year coming. Now more than ever it’s important to expect the unexpected. So what can you do to protect your business and livelihood for 2021?
Follow the trends
Here are some of the top marketing trends to expect in the year 2021.
- Google Tag Manager
- Short Video ads will be everything
- Blogs and well-written content
- Voice Search is on the rise
- Artificial intelligence
- Personalized marketing
- Ecommerce will continue to rise, make sure you’re there.
- Interactive events, and education
What does 2021 have in store for your business?